Friday 23 November 2012

My Favorite Stamp

Do you have a stamp that you keep coming back to year after year?  I do.  This particular stamp distributed by "Stampa Rosa" years ago, is my all time favourite. There is something magical about it that pulls me back every Christmas season. I use it on some of my cards without fail.

I tried a technique that Shelly Hickox posted on her blog a while back called "Tarnished Silver" you can check out the link here....http://shellyhickox.blogspot.ca/2012/10/new-tutorial-on-splitcoast.html
I loved the effect, very cool, thanks Shelly!


I made five of these cards to give away, so without further taunting, here's what I did...

I made the frames with the "Tarnished Silver" however I used silver ink and Platinum EP. I didn't have the small Baroque die so I had to hand cut the inside to make a frame.
 I then stamped my image on Specialty Stamping paper from Ranger and cut the shape out on both the paper and on the packaging that we don't throw away. Right?!
 Add colour with distress markers and distress inks to give it a vintage feel
 add denim and silver alcohol inks around the plastic to create a Mercury glass feel
spray background paper with Heidi Swapp spray and emboss with  texture fade
add some silver ink and embossed lines to highlight.


1 comment:

  1. I can see why this is one of your favourite stamps. Beautiful cards. Wish I had found that stamp as I too would be using it a lot.

    ReplyDelete