Wednesday 1 May 2013

I Love Babies!

Hi again,
My good friend and co-worker had her first baby in April. I love my art hobby so much because it lets me make heartfelt and personalized gifts.

I made the step card while she was still pregnant and didn't know the sex of the baby. General pastel colors always work well on a card for a new mom to be. However, once I colored the teddy bears, they were way too bright for the card, ARGG! Not to worry, after consuming copious amounts of coffee, I remembered the "tone down" technique. I simply cut out the images and pounced alabaster fluid chalk ink all over the colored pieces. Voila! Instant muted color that fit with the background papers. Dollar store trinkets and a chipboard rocking horse complete the card.

Welcome to the world little one.








No comments:

Post a Comment