Friday 21 June 2013

Tiki Bar Kraft Challenge

Hi all,
Simon Says Stamp and Show is having a Kraft challenge this week. Initially, I thought "oh I don't use kraft paper" but then a caffienated lightbulb clicked on in my head. You can check out the link to the challenge here: http://simonsaysstampandshow.blogspot.ca/2013/06/challenge-kraft.html

The thought of constructing a little tiki bar had been brewing in my mind for the past couple of weeks. I pulled out the corrugated kraft paper and some Tim Holtz kraft paper stash and went to work. I tend to hoard tropical ephemera, so I had lots of little bits and pieces for decorating. It was so much fun creating my little get away bar. I hope it brings a smile to your face. 

Work in progress, check out the cluttered chaos, otherwise known as my desk. My work space is a visual confirmation of my cluttered mind. LOL.

I used the tapered fringe die from Tim Holtz and cut several pieces out of kraft paper. Once attached, I sprayed the roof with heirloom gold and pearl sprays from Ranger.

Here it is all finished and decorated.


View from the side, I tiled the counter with acrylic squares.



Other side, I used a ultracool new wood vaneer paper for the signs.


Love the sign, fussy cut birds Graphic 45 and  I used the Cameo die from Tim Holtz but just made it way smaller.


I had tropical drink stickers in my stash, of course every tiki bar needs cocktails.


Thanks so much for joining me on my mini holiday.
Laurie the Rogue Stamper.

5 comments:

  1. This is crazy cool!!! Your imagination is awesome! I love every island paradise bit! Amazing work using the kraft as well! Thank you for krafting with us this week here at Simon Says Stamp & Show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laurie, this is fantastic! Love all the details.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Laurie. The detail in this is amazing - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laurie...this Tiki Bar is so original! I love it ALL! From the grass hut roof to the tropical drink stickers, this is so fun, colorful, imaginative and just amazingly put together! Girl, you rock! Thanks for sharing this very cool project with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, such a great idea! Love all the special details. The fabulous grass roof, little drinks, the chair. Just stunning! Thank you so much for sharing your krafty ideas with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

    ReplyDelete