Wednesday 9 October 2013

Halloween carnival event finale

Hi again 

One last post to showcase the last 3 pieces of the Haunted Carnival.  The first 2 are inspired from the creative genius Laura Carson over at artfullymusing.blogspot.ca  The third one is an original piece using some of the images from the collage sheets.



Stare down a Gargoyle. 
Cute and creepy all at the same time. I had to modify it a bit because I didn't have the cubby hole cabinet or gargoyle beads so I made my own using a box lid and some foam core for the dividers. I adjusted the size of the gargoyle image and copy/pasted it 3 more times.

Dodge the Zombies...

Dodge the Zombies is a really cool attraction. Again, a bit of adaptation. I cut the tombstones out of light chipboard using a die (Tim holtz' tombstone and arched frame) painted them and added to the display. Same with the tombstone on the edge die around the perimeter. Bones, chain, pumpkins and leaves add a decorative element to the mossy ground.

Madame Zelda

Here's my "original piece". Every carnival needs a fortune teller. I started with the leftover piece of a paper mache pumpkin, modge-podged some great background paper from graphic 45 inside and then started building the scene.

The crystal ball was a wood bead, colored, then glossy accents glazed over the top. A little spell book and skull sit on her table.

Zelda's hair is steel wool

The back of the pumpkin turned out cool. I painted it gold, then stained it with black soot distress stain and finally, dry-brushed some peeled paint and ripe persimmon distress paint on top. 

Well that's it, hope you enjoyed the posts about the Carnival.  I really had a lot of fun building it. 
Once I get it all displayed, I will add on a picture. Until then, stay crafty my friends.



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting all of your adaptions! I've been having a creative block on these pieces. You made fabulous pieces for your carnival, can't wait to see the rest of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your fortune teller. She's pretty creepy. I love her! Very creative! Thanks for inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete