Friday 15 November 2013

12 Tags of 2013 - November

http://timholtz.com/12-tags-of-2013-november/

Hello friends,
I wanted to do a quick post for the 12 tags before I get into my Christmas card making frenzy.
So confession time...I shop a LOT. You can't go anywhere without seeing the chalkboard craze in stores.  I was so excited when Tim Holtz did a chalkboard technique tag in his Creative Chemistry 102 class. I have had that frosted crystal embossing powder for years. I've always found it to be quite tempermental to work with. It's so easy to overheat it and lose the effect it's supposed to give, but practice practice. I still haven't mastered it, but I'm getting there.

I have this great chalk pastel set from Lyra (again I have had it for years) so I pulled it out and added some color to the tag. Here's the end result ...


I love how the dusty blue background turned out.
Just a wee bit darker so you can see the colors better.
And here's a fun card I made while I had all the supplies out on my desk. (Die cuts are from Memory Box)

Hop on over to Tim's blog post for the great tutorial, especially the tip for using Frosted Crystal EP.
Thanks for surfing by today, until next time...
Laurie

3 comments:

  1. I love your tags and card! You did a great job with this technique! I enjoyed seeing them! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laury just posted my tag and it ended up next to yours and I see we've both used the same framelits, great minds and all that! so I thought I'd pop and visit your blog and what meets my eyes ( as well as your fab tag and card!) is that gorgeous VW camper pic!. I live in a family of VW van nuts, my son has a split screen and we have a type 25, 'upgraded' some years ago from a bay window. Numerous vans and Beetles have come and gone in our house over the last 30 years. I can't imagine life without at least one !.... Love your tag and card, I'm really into deers and stags this year ! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apologies in my haste I've just realised I have spellled your name wrong !

    ReplyDelete