Sunday 24 November 2013

The mysterious TARDIS

http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/challenge-its-a-mystery/

Hi again Whovians, 
Did you catch the Dr. Who 50th anniversary episode this weekend? The Day of the Doctor. Loved it!
Anyway to celebrate, I made a TARDIS. You know - time and relative dimention in space. 

How can the TARDIS be so huge on the inside! It's a mystery, which is a perfect tie-in to this week's challenge over at simon says stamp Monday challenge blog.

I constructed the lantern entirely out of lightblue cardstock, inked with faded jeans and blacksoot distress inks. Cut ALL the little windows out and found a great file on pinterest for the signs.
How long did it take? Well that's another mystery. It was a labor of love because the TARDIS is cool, just like bowties and fezzes. 

Here it is with the lights beaming from within. Ooo wee ooo

A place of honor with my other lanterns. I will post another entry for the other two later.

Thanks for stopping by , i have to post this before the deadline, it's another mystery how I get anything done around here, I need to get myself a timelord, preferably the 10th doctor. 

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely brilliant piece, love how Dr. who inspired your artwork . The blue is perfect for this piece. Clever idea too. Tha is so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. seriously- maybe my favorite thing I've ever seen for a challenge!! TARDIS!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome! Love Dr. Who too! :)

    ReplyDelete