Thursday 12 December 2013

12 Days of Christmas Cards - Day 12

On the twelvth day of Christmas my true love of paper gave to me: a trip to the north pole.

Welcome to day 12. Santa's on his way. I was inspired to make a matching card for the configurations book I completed a couple weeks ago. When i saw the project that Sizzix design team member, Jan Hobbins had made with the configurations book, I literally drove straight from work to Urban Scrapbook to see it in person. And oh my gosh, it did not disappoint!

It's so beautiful.

I found the 12x12 paper at Urban as well, but it was in the teal tones instead of red. I was ok with that. 
I cut the paper down to a 5 3/4" square highlighting the north pole map.
Next i die cut the reindeer and sleigh, (Couture Creations) inked it up with evergreen bough distress ink then applied 2 coats of UTEE.

The greenery and pointsettia were a variety of dies and punches. I used the tattered pointsettia embossing folder to add texture to the flower.


Here's a peek at my version of the configurations book. To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment