Monday 2 December 2013

12 days of Christmas Cards day 2

On the second day of Christmas cards my true love of paper gave to me
A pair of rustic embellished skates.


I had a lot of fun with this card too. Yesterday's was a really monochromatic look with a pop of red, this one is the more traditional Christmas colors.
I used the plaid embossing folder, then inked up the areas with festive berries and peeled paint distress ink. However, when I put the skates over top, I thought the background was way too busy. I cut a smaller white panel and embossed it as well, just for texture. Much better.
The greenery on top was the same diecuts I used in yesterday's card. (Sizzix, Impression Obsession)
Rock Candy dry glitter, white dimentional paint and some metallic thread finish the look and give it some sparkle and shine.
My friend/coworker loved the card almost as much as I love hand delivering my creations.


Here's one more skate card. This time, totally monochromatic. I had a "textured" cream glossy cardstock in my stash, cut the skates and mini snowflakes (sizzix movers and shapers by Tim Holtz) with it. I added a wee bit of silver distress paint to the blades and layered it on to an embossed white panel.
That's day 2. And that's all the skate cards I made. I should mention too, that I ALWAYS hand deliver my cards. They are usually too thick to go in an envelope, but not only that, I like to play Santa's elf. My cards are a labour of love. It's my gift to the recipient, but their reaction is their gift back to me. ( plus I usually get me some good hugs hehehe)

No comments:

Post a Comment