Wednesday 4 December 2013

12 Days of Christmas Cards - Day 4

On the 4th day of Christmas, my true love of paper gave me - an accordion card using Karen Burniston die cuts.



Each panel is embossed with a different folder. I wanted to use traditional Christmas colors on this one as well as some of my favorite stamps.
All the embossing folders are from Tim Holtz for Sizzix
Stamps are (L-R) Stampa Rosa(retired many years ago), Stampers Anonymous, Stampendous, and TPC Studios.


I made it reversible too. On the backside, I used movers and shapers die cuts from Tim Holtz and the awesome alphabet die set from Brenda Walton for Sizzix. I was trying to figure out how to leave a space for signing the card, so on the "L" panel I cut and folded some paper to create a flap. I think it worked out rather well.

I really like the way the card turned out. It's super sturdy too with all the layers of paper on each panel.
It's more a decoration than a card, but that's the fun part, you can get as simple or as over the top as you want. 
Thanks for surfing by today. 
Ahhh 3 weeks til Christmas. Pass the Ativan please. (just kidding-sort of...)

No comments:

Post a Comment