Saturday 18 January 2014

12 Tags of 2014 - Embrace it

Hello strangers, 
I haven't posted anything for a while but it's not to say that I haven't been busy creating in my art room.

I was sad to put away all my Christmas stuff. I vow to start the holiday creating in October this year, but January brings me a ship load of birthdays for the most important people in my life, and they are all within 2 weeks of each other.  But I am getting sidetracked. This is about the January tag. The first one of 2014.

Tim Holtz always inspires me to do something fun, and that's exactly what happened. I had so much fun creating the first one, that I made two more. I wanted to do something waaaaayyy out of my color comfort zone, so I made an orange tag. Orange is sketchy. Nothing rhymes with it. LOL!

Tag one: Embrace life


These are the supplies I used for this tag.


Subway art. Embrace life.

Tag two: Embrace time

We always seem to be running out of time. Embrace it, just let it happen. Tomorrow will come it's inevitable.
Here's the supplies I used for this one



I really like the effect of sanding the rub ons. Thanks Tim, that's cool.
I forgot to add the black soot distress paint to my pile of goodies. I used that on the watch rim. I followed Tim's step by step for the watch. I didn't have grungeboard so I used grungepaper instead.

Tag three: embrace Winter

Man I hate winter. No really. I HATE it. It's too long. The only good thing about winter is that we usually go somewhere disgustingly hot in February. 
These are the supplies I used for the tag



I used a left over piece of paper for my stencil and inked up the tag with my fav Broken China.
Oh shoot! I forgot to include the Tim Holtz grungy snowflake stamp set in my pile. Yeah, I used those too.
I've always loved how some people use the pediment die to extend the tag. I don't even remember which blog I saw it on first but I thought, " that's such a great idea." So here it is.

And here's all three tags together
I love that they're all so different, but the main elements are the same. Foil is a great medium to use.


You can check out other designers tags on Tim Holtz's blog here:
http://timholtz.com/12-tags-of-2014-january/
Thanks for stopping by today, until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment