Sunday 27 July 2014

Mid Summer's night blog blitz - Day 2

I came up with this name while sitting in the back room at work at 3:30 in the morning. I work in an inner city emergency department (no I am not a nurse). It's summer and I have been working a lot of night shifts this month covering off holidays and vacant positions. I'm not complaining, I like night shifts for the most part, however the complete lack of sleep and mixed up schedule has left me with a lot of play time in my art room. 

It's my passion to create tropical and nautical projects, so I wanted to do a blog blitz, showing off my creations. I will see how many I can come up with in the next little while

Yesterday I posted my dream vintage Shasta trailer, today I have a tropical card to show you.


The main part of the card is a Silhouette cut file. I love the outline of the hibiscus. I had a vision of a tropical sunset in the backgroud (which is another cut file) everything was cut from white cardstock and 
Colored with Distress Inks (festive berries,picked raspberry and spun sugar)

The pic below shows the frosted film I covered the background with. That allowed me to go in and color the flower with Shinhan markers.
Thanks for looking, I will be back with another project tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment