Saturday 6 December 2014

Rustic Ski Lodge

Hi everyone,
I wanted to share yet another Christmas decoration I made this year. It seems I am really into rustic things this time around. I had it in my mind to make a ski lodge, but I needed to adapt one of the cut files I had. Now, never modifying any designs before, it was certainly a "learning curve" I wanted to add a balcony to the lodge, but that meant I needed French Doors instead of a window. After many hours of ungrouping and welding and editing, I managed to incorporate the look I wanted. 
You can check out the original look of the house here:

Here is my finished project:
Lots of printing patterned paper. The "logs" are in the silhouette program already. I just fiddled around with the shape and size. If you go into patterns, there is a jpeg called "poles". Draw a rounded rectangle and fill pattern in. Instant logs!
The main construction was paper from Bo Bunny's new winter line, "Altitude"
The truck and signs are actually stickers I had left over from our December Kits at Urban Scrapbook
"Warm and Cozy" by Carta Bella.

I would love to visit a lodge like this, I wouldn't do much skiing, but I'd sit by the fire and drink hot chocolate and Baileys.
Thanks for looking, keep warm and cozy. See you soon

No comments:

Post a Comment