Friday 6 March 2015

St. Patrick's Day Green Beer Mug

Mmmm green beer...

Hey everyone, bottoms up!  I made a really fun home decor item for our annual "paint the town green" event we go to every March 17th. One of the sweet man's coworkers always arranges a St. Patrick's day celebration at the local pub downtown. It usually starts at 11:00 when the bar opens, and goes all day long.  We drink lots of green beer and Guiness. Good times.
This project took the most time to create, I had to modify the "3D Hot Cocoa/Coffee Mug" by Lori Whitlock quite a bit. I made it really tall, and altered the panels to look more like a beer mug.
Next I stamped on the base of the mug with a great background stamp from Tim Holtz. I used the new color "Cracked Pistachio" and some "Squeezed Lemonade"  to give the look of green beer.
I added  frosted film over the whole base as well.
The panels were embossed 2 times each with UTEE

for the other decorations, I used the "3D Leprechaun Hat" from Jennifer Wambach
I cut it out on white paper, so I hand colored everything to make it a bright vibrant green.
The Irish crown was the "Happy St. Patrick's day Borders Set" from Studio Illustrado
I put some foam core in the top of the mug and added some texture paste (beer foam). That actually worked out well, because it acted like "glue" to keep the hat and crown from moving around.
A little more embellishment completed the overall project.
Thanks for checking out all of my St. Patrick's Day projects. If you live in Edmonton, you can come check them out at Urban Scrapbook.  see you soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment