Tuesday 7 April 2015

Distressed Watercolor

Hi again,
I was playing with my new Penny Black and Dina Wakely stamps.  Watercolour seems to be the hot ticket at the moment, so I pulled out my distress markers and ink pads.
I used the watercolour paper from Ranger to give a "true" watercolour look.

Years ago, I took a watercolour class and I was terrible at it. With rubber stamps and distress markers, you can get a beautiful look with  minimal artistic expertise.
I stamped the card on the left with Squeezed Lemonade distress and then watercoloured over the yellow. I achieved a sharper image with this technique.

The middle and right cards were stamped with ink and then painted in with water to blend the hard line of the edges.
thanks for taking a look at my watercolour cards, see you next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment