Sunday 10 May 2015

Don't Abandon the Coral

Hi again,
I saw the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge was Abandoned Coral this week. I am loving the new distress colors every month. They play so well together too,which is fantastical.

I made a couple of cards to submit to the challenge blog which you can check out here

I started with a 12x12 card stock from Fancy Pants and cut it down to 53/4x53/4.
I used an embossing folder to get some texture and spattered some abandoned coral paint over top
I used my new hibiscus die from Memory Box and colored it with the abandoned coral marker and ink.
I added some sentiments and turned it into a birthday card for my friend who is turning 45.


This one just makes me smile.  I love the Bird Crazy stamp set from Tim Holtz. They crack me up.
Abandoned Coral made me think of flamingos. So I kept with the tropical theme and cut out some flamingos and hibiscus on my Silhouette machine.
I added a feather stamp on the birds to give them texture and colored them with distress ink and a sponge
I used the new color Fossilised Amber for the hibiscus.
The silly bird was stamped on coral card stock and enhanced/shaded with inks. I love how he's just hanging out with the trio of long legged friends. He's just being one of a kind.
(the sentiment is made with remnant rubs)
thanks for taking a look at my projects for the Challenge blog. I hope they made you smile a little...bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment