Saturday 9 May 2015

Mixed Media Musings Day 3

Hi again,
I'm sharing my many mixed media projects with you this week. 
Here's one I made last year after my fabulous classes with Finnabair.
It's no secret that I love tropical/nautical projects so here is my canvas I created with a bunch of accumulated trinkets from my stash.
It started with a great picture found on Pinterest. http://www.elizabethannedesigns.com/blog/2012/12/12/seaside-blue-winter-wedding-inspiration/
Keeping with that color scheme, I built up layers of shells and flowers and die cuts (oh my). 
I painted it all with white gesso to even out all the different colors, then sprayed the canvas with Primary Elements. The shimmer and shine is wonderful.
I stamped some images on clear acetate and cut those out to place in among the collage.
There really is a visual treat here. Everytime I look at it, I see something different. I hope you enjoyed my seaside canvas. I can't wait to share my next project with you (I know, I'm such a tease)

No comments:

Post a Comment