Monday 1 June 2015

Urban Scrapbook's June Chalłenge kit

Greeting everyone,
I am particularly proud of this month's layout for the Urban Scrapbook's design team challenge. 
It all starts with a great photo for me. I knew that I wanted to do something special with this picture.

A bunch of us got together a couple of months ago so the guys could enjoy some premium Scotch. It was a formal night and while the ladies drank lots of wine upstairs, the men enjoyed a presentation and tasting of some very expensive Scotch (insert a shudder and horrible after taste look on my face here) downstairs. I think I will stick with wine hahaha...

This month's kit is perfect for a masculine/steampunk layout. The paper line is Marion Smith Designs and the kit also includes chipboard shapes from Blue Fern Studios and Tim Holtz' metallic paper and letter stickers.
I added some gold liquid pearl paint to the light bulb
I made this picture a little darker, so you can see the shine of the Perfect Pearl powder in the background.
I can't wait to see the other pages everyone came up with.  They are on display this month at Urban Scrapbook and you can always check out the blog here, and don't forget, we have Pinterest boards too! Come follow us.  see you next time

No comments:

Post a Comment