Wednesday 2 September 2015

Urban Scrapbook's September Challenge Kit

Hi, welcome to September, uggg summer is done? How did that happen? I want a do-over.

This month's kit at Urban is from the Basic Grey "Barista" collection.
The kit includes yellows, blacks, browns and some teal accents.
This is a picture of me enjoying a "real" cup of coffee in Kuala Lumpur.  After existing on Nescafe in Bali for 2 weeks, a real espresso brewed sweet nectar of the Gods was a "fresh cup of happiness"
I cut out some of the leaves from one of the papers and layered them up with a cut file from my Silhouette.
I used Peacock Feathers distress ink color in some of the leaves.
I sprayed some copper mica powder (mixed with water) over a coffee ring stencil.
I made the stencil on my machine using this cut file.
Vietnam takes their coffee very seriously.  We brought the coffee grinder pictured in the middle, home with us
I had lots of leftovers from my kit, so I put together a few cards. 
The card on the right (below) is an actual photo of my latte I had sitting outside the hotel in Saigon, Vietnam. I, too, take my coffee very seriously.

Make sure you check out the other layouts for the month of September over on the Urban Scrapbook blog

No comments:

Post a Comment