Tuesday 20 October 2015

Welcome to Grimsley Village

Hello and welcome to Grimsley Village.  Every year I say I'm not going to do much for Halloween, but then Miss Laura Carson at Artfully Musing had her Halloween Village event. You can check it out here: Artfully Musing
I wasn't able to purchase the chipboard pieces for the village so I improvised. I cut my own on the Silhouette Cameo and then took my haunted cottage I made last year to make the Retching Toad/Happy Bat Tavern.

Here's a patron walking in to the Tavern for a pint or two...
I cut out one side of the house and began creating the scene inside.  I used several different pdf files I bought from Laura Carson's link at Alpha Stamps. You can check out a whole bunch of cool digital files, collage supplies and miniatures here.
I think the cute little mole couple are half-blind drunk already. They're going to walk right into the stack of wine barrels. Or maybe they're going to have a game of darts, either way I don't think it will end well.
With the roof off, you can see the rafters and bone chandelier.
Mr. Wolf is making himself at home at the bar with kegs full of drink choices.

 I made the clock tower and fence to complete the village scene. I think it all came together rather well and it looks great on my shelf in the living room. Thanks for joining me I would like to upload this project to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. This week's challenge is The Monster Mash  here 
See you soon.

6 comments:

  1. What a fantastic village! This is so much fun and quite spectacular ~ I love it! Thank you for sharing your project and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW in capital letters! I am so impressed by your village! Every little nook and cranny is filled with some clever detail-- like the tavern Specials menu and the clock that has a 13 instead of 12. This made me have that magical feeling like I did when I was a kid and wanted to be magically transported into a dollhouse world. You did a remarkable job on this and it was such a joy to see this come to life. Thanks for the inspiration and for sharing your skills with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have done a fantastic job making the village your own. I love all the 3D features! It's so much fun to see different interpretations of the buildings. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw your Village posted on Artful Musing and just had to come check out your blog for all the details. Great work!
    ~~julia~~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous pieces. It is so much fun making Laura's tutorials. I am running out of storage space! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous pieces. It is so much fun making Laura's tutorials. I am running out of storage space! LOL

    ReplyDelete