Wednesday 2 December 2015

Urban Scrapbook's Monthly Challenge - December

Oh I am such a bad blogger! I have been so busy with Christmas projects and personal crisis stuff that I have forgotten to write to you all.

This month's kit at Urban Scrapbook is MME's Christmas on Market Street. It's full of retro colors with gold foil accents, and there was so much product in the kit, that I actually made 2 layouts this time.

The pictures I printed from Pinterest. They are in my "Christmas Love" board.
On this layout I used Iced Spruce and Shaded Lilac in the background over Tim Holtz' stencils
The Middle layer was embossed multiple times with the tall spruce trees folder
Next it was time to start building my foreground. The VW van is a Silhouette cut file pieced together.
The Christmas tree has a cut base, and embellished with my "go to" punch for the holidays. It's from Martha Stewart.
more cutting and piecing...
the poinsettia die cuts like a dream. I used the luscious velvet paper in the kit.

Here is my second layout.
the Bo Bunny snowflakes were stamped with Frayed Burlap, Iced Spruce and Weathered Wood.

I foiled the snowflakes with gold and mint
I love this technique of running a glue stick around the edges and placing the foil on top. You get a really cool distressed edge that way.
...a few more embellishments and glitter to finish the page.
Thanks for hanging in there with me, I will be back with LOTS of Christmas projects in the next couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment