I had so much fun with the rusted out vintage bus, that I couldn't stop. This time, I started from scratch and made the bus and trailer cut out at 75% of the original size. I used black cardstock to really make the rust effect stand out.
Most of the moss and greenery were purchased at Michael's, and the background picture I found on Pinterest.
Hello again, This project started with an idea...I've been looking at a lot of abandoned images on Pinterest lately. I love the desolate rusted man made objects taken over by nature. Prima - more specifically - Finnabair has a new product called rust effects, and let me just say, this stuff is AWESOME. I had a camper van, made out of paper, hanging around in my den. So the thought process was to make it look like an abandonded vehicle in the woods. (by the way, you can check out the actual SVG kit from which I made the van here)
The effect on the roof was made by applying crackle paste and then some dry brushing of distress paint after it was dry
just look at that grungy rusty goodness - so cool...
thanks for stopping in and taking a peek. I have another project to share so keep looking
Hello again and welcome to my April remix for Tim Holtz' 12 tags. I have made another 8x8 layout for my collection. You can see the original post from Tim Holtz here.
I did not have the mosaic kit, so I used the original technique with the cement embossing powder (seahorse) and I tried Ranger's texture paste on the sand dollar.
I try to incorporate one of the remix styles into my month title. In this case, I cut out the numbers and stuck them down on a piece of chipboard covered with double stick tape. The cement EP sticks to the exposed adhesive. Then it was just a matter of applying glossy accents to the numbers. I inked the edges with walnut stain.
I've had this idea floating around in my head for a while. I made a shadow box of a whimsical forest scene. The pictures are not the best, (it wasn't for a lack of trying, transparent stuff is even harder to photograph than glitter!) but hopefully you can get the "picture".
I started with a first attempt at cutting vinyl on my Silhouette machine. I was really intimidated by it, but I decided to give it a go. Well...holy crap! that was easy. I designed the vinyl layout using a gorgeous font I purchased from thehungryjpeg.com. The fairies (on the vinyl) are from SVGCuts.com
The silver vinyl die cut is from Sizzix (again, I wondered if I could cut vinyl from a die - yep!)
I placed the vinyl on a 12x12 sheet of plastic. That was the starting point. Shadow box construction was next. I had a beautiful paper line from Kaisercraft in my stash, just waiting to be used for the perfect project.
The toadstools are all cut files from the Silhouette Design store. Then it was just the process of making the layers full and interesting. The flowers were cut out from the patterned paper, and the green vines are a die from Memory Box.
oh yeah, it lights up too! battery operated LED lights were hidden in the layers of the box.
I hope you were transported to a whimsical place for a little while. Thanks for taking a look. See you soon...