Friday 8 April 2016

Fairies, Flowers and Fantasy

Hi again,
I've had this idea floating around in my head for a while. I made a shadow box of a whimsical forest scene. The pictures are not the best, (it wasn't for a lack of trying, transparent stuff is even harder to photograph than glitter!) but hopefully you can get the "picture".
I started with a first attempt at cutting vinyl on my Silhouette machine. I was really intimidated by it, but I decided to give it a go. Well...holy crap! that was easy. I designed the vinyl layout using a gorgeous font I purchased from thehungryjpeg.com. The fairies (on the vinyl) are from SVGCuts.com
The silver vinyl die cut is from Sizzix (again, I wondered if I could cut vinyl from a die - yep!)
I placed the vinyl on a 12x12 sheet of plastic. That was the starting point. Shadow box construction was next.  I had a beautiful paper line from Kaisercraft in my stash, just waiting to be used for the perfect project.
The toadstools are all cut files from the Silhouette Design store. Then it was just the process of making the layers full and interesting. The flowers were cut out from the patterned paper, and the green vines are a die from Memory Box.
oh yeah, it lights up too! battery operated LED lights were hidden in the layers of the box.
I hope you were transported to a whimsical place for a little while. Thanks for taking a look. See you soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment