Monday 9 December 2013

12 Days of Christmas Cards - Day 9

On the ninth day of Christmas my true love of paper gave to me: a steampunk accordian card.

Hello again, welcome to day 9. I have these great steampunk Christmas images from Make It Crafty.com so I printed them up and did a reverse image as well for all 3. That way, the card is reversible and looks the same on both sides.

I cut a window out of the 4x6 double thick card, decorated the panel with some homemade stamps
(I die cut some gears and a flourish out of fun foam)  then I used tissue tape to tape the panels together.
The images were colored with Shinhan touch and copic markers, cut out and glued back to back. (That's why I needed the reverse image)

I liked the way this one turned out, you've probably noticed over the past few posts that I've made quite a variety of cards, but that's what I like about making my own. You can personalize them so much. Now don't get me wrong, I don't make 25 different cards, I will make a few "in bulk" but for the most part, I really enjoy playing with ALL my different dies and stamps. 


Here's another steampunk card I made with the same images, just a little smaller and the Karen Burniston accordian die

That's all today, thanks for checking in on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment