Friday 19 July 2013

It's easy being green

Green. I love green, well, next to purple that is. I was excited to see the latest Monday Challenge over at Simon Says Stamp was the  "green challenge". http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/challenge-green/

I am particularly proud of this one because I used stuff just lying around my studio and recycle bin. I would love to say that I came up with the idea of the bell jar using a plastic bottle, but the fab MJ Girling had it on her blog last year. You can check out the Link here...http://lifeartcollide.blogspot.ca/2012/10/soda-bottle-bell-jars.html
 A huge thank-you to her, cause she's awesome and very creative.

I cut the base out of scrap foam core and stained the top with Gathered Twigs distress stain.

Now to build the scene...
I didn't have any floral foam, so I cut a cardboard paper tube and covered it with rustic wood paper..
I hot glued them to the base and started attaching my vines. Recognize the material? Brown paper bag strips that have been twisted up. I added some thin gauge wire around them to make it more "bendable" then it was just a matter of hot gluing everything in place.

Hibiscus is made from the Susan Tierney Cockburn die set from Sizzix.

Tropical leaves cut from Graphic 45 paper and Memory Box die



Aarrrggg, tried to take this picture 5 times. This was the best one. Kinda crappy but you can get the idea of the finished effect.

Thanks for taking a look today, I appreciate all the kind comments I've received. Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. OH MY CREATIVE WORD!!! I'm blown away! This looks like a porcelain figurine, not something made from scraps and basically trash. The soda bottle is so perfect too...no scratches or nicks were you cut it. I'm so IMPRESSED!!!! This is beyond green! Way to go! Bravo! Excellent! Thanks for going green with us this week here at Simon Says Stamp & Show!

    ReplyDelete