Monday, 24 August 2015

Fab Fifties Fun cut Files

Get ready for some rockin' fun projects. I loved the Rockin and Rollin SVGCuts kit.
I made almost all the projects in this kit and of course, put my own little rogue stamp on a few things
First up is the 3D Jukebox
I added a record selection panel and the window to give it a more "realistic" finish.
The vellum panels were hand coloured, again, for more authenticity.
Next is the Stack of Records Container
I scored the sides every 1/8 inch to mimic a stack of 45s
The jukebox stamp is an oldie but goodie. Mostly Animals was the stamp company
The Drive-in Car Card was cut with all white paper. I heat embossed the car panels with Pearlized Ruby and the bumper with silver embossing powders
and lastly, the Party Card - 33 was just stamped up a little with some starburst images.
Rock on my lovelies. Thanks for stopping in.  See you soon...

Sunday, 23 August 2015

Citrus Wheel

Here's another entry for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge  "Citrus With A Twist"
As you all know by now, I love creating 3D paper projects.  I have the Summer Street Carnival kit from  I cut the Ferris Wheel at 50% of the original size. The actual size, when finished measures in at 14 inches, this one is about 7"
I used bright citrusy (is that even a word?) paper and glued together all the little tiny pieces. There were tons of little circles, and each spacer had to be glued together. Gone crazy, be back soon...
I love the finished result though, it turns freely and the little cars swing side to side.
I added some embellishments from Bo Bunny and die cut letters for the "sign" - it is a citrus challenge after all.
Thanks for checking out my second project for this week. see you next time with some fun Bird Crazy stuff.

Saturday, 22 August 2015

Citrus with a Twist

Hello again,
I had a lot of fun creating this little wheelbarrow.  When I saw the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge
"Citrus with a Twist", my mind started spinning.  I knew I wanted to use my ultimate favorite new distress color Twisted Citron. Man I love this color!!!! Did I mention I love this color?
The 3D wheelbarrow is from SVGCuts 
The Lemonade Sign is from the Silhouette Store.
The "citrus" rosettes are from Tim Holtz for Sizzix
and so is my bright green crazy bird ( he twists around to get a good view of things )
I used the following distress inks : Twisted Citrus, Squeezed Lemonade, Mustard Seed, Ripe Persimmon
and did a little rogue stamping on the panels for a woodgrain effect.

Thanks for taking a look, I hope you'll come back again soon

Sunday, 16 August 2015

Crazy Coffee Birds

I love these Crazy Birds. They make me smile every time I look at them.
My inspiration for this card was actually found on Pinterest. You can see the original awesomeness here:
Carol's Crafty Pig
I made my caffeinated critters in a box card and added googly eyes to make them look even more jacked up on coffee.
The stamps are all from Tim Holtz with the exception of the sentiment, which is from Riley & Company.
I used the Sizzix Bigz die for the coffee to go and iced cappuccino.
Distress inks used were: peeled paint, walnut stain and vintage photo
I also used distress markers to color the birds - no idea how many different colors I used
And of course, black archival ink for the sentiment.
Thanks for taking a look and don't forget to send Carol some love too!

Thursday, 13 August 2015

Bloom Girl

Hi Everyone,
this summer has been spectacular. I haven't been blogging because I am enjoying the hot summer evenings on the deck. I will never ever complain that it's too hot.

I made this pretty mixed media canvas a little while ago. I wanted to play with my Prima Bloom Girl stencil and the new colorburst powders.
I colored in the stencil outline with a few different mediums.  I sponged Worn Lipstick on the skin, then colored the rest with Copic and Chameleon markers.
I used various trinkets and paper clay elements to build my background, then gessoed the whole thing white.
I had fun "puffing" the powder onto the canvas. The color is so intense when you add water!

I placed the colored Bloom Girl on top after everything was dry and popped up the butterflies. You can see the detail better from the side angle.
Thanks for taking a look at my project. I will be back with another post soon.