Saturday 17 August 2013

Hi-biscus (Making the Cut)

Hi again,

I know, I know, another tropical card from me? Shocker.  I can't help it, I LOVE tropical stuff. Maybe because I lived in the tropics in my past life or something. Whatever the reason, I am drawn to hibiscus and frangipanni, palm trees and beaches.

The Monday challenge over at Simon Says Stamp is "making the cut". Use die cuts in your project. I have gorgeous hibiscus dies from Memory Box, Die-namics, and Sizzix (not used on this card). The flowers were cut out with the beautiful paper from Prima. Can you spot more use of dies? The cameo frame and HI are from Tim Holtz.

http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/challenge-make-the-cut/

The background on the frame is a long story...Do you ever make something, hate it, dig it out of the trash and just keep throwing more stuff on it? Haha, that's the case here, I have no idea how I ended up with the final result but I really like it. Don't ask me what colors are on there because I really have no idea. Sadly, I will probably not be able to replicate it again. Let's call it "vintage tropical". Hehehe.




Thanks for dropping by and having a peek, now go get crafty in your create space. Talk to you soon.

2 comments:

  1. Laurie...your hibiscus flowers are absolutely beautiful. You did such a gorgeous job of coloring them! They really are so lovely on the tag you've created. Nice job! Thanks for sharing your flowers with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Vintage Tropical"...I LOVE that!
    Your hibiscus flowers are GORGEOUS! I love this project.
    Your story about digging through the trash reminded me of this quote: "Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep."
    Looks like you've created ART! :)

    Thank you for participating in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog's "Make the Cut" challenge. ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete